The candidate must possess solid editing and writing skills, the ability to write clever headlines, produce high-quality content, and the ability to work under tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects.
The candidate should also be passionate about multi-media storytelling, in the form of both photography and video. Knowledge and experience of social media, online metrics and analytics, and a comfort with content management systems are all things we are looking for as well.
We are building a fast-paced editorial team, and a positive, team-first attitude is a must. The job requires the skills, experience, and passion for writing and editing for a theatre audience.
The ideal candidate will be an active enthusist, and have strong knowledge and interest in theatre.
- Produce written content for the endurance audience, publish into content management system
- Write and edit articles
- Write attention-grabbing, SEO-friendly headlines and teasers
- Find/edit images
- Create and manage editorial calendars and sourcing strategy
- Plan and execute content marketing efforts: Newsletters, SEO, Social Media
- Manage content on website in adherence to editorial calendar
- Manage relationships with freelance writers
- Candidate must have a degree in field related to media: Journalism, Media Studies, English, Communication
- Strong writing and editing skills; meticulous grammar and spelling abilities
- Excellent editorial judgment
- Experience conducting interviews
- Experience with social media
- Understanding of SEO best practices and principles
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in publishing—Internet, magazine, and/or newspaper
- Basic knowledge of HTML